Here are 10 of our favorite new ad innovations from 2010:
- AdWords Campaign Experiments: Experiment with bid, keyword, ad group and placement changes, then measure how they impact your campaign performance.
- Search Funnels: Understand the Google.com search ad click and impression behavior leading up to a conversion.
- Product Ads: Highlight your most relevant products with pictures and prices directly on the search results page with Product Listing Ads and Product Extensions.
- AdWords Call Metrics: Include a Google Voice phone number in ads that appear on Google.com, and measure the number of phone calls generated by your AdWords campaigns.
- Click-to-call Phone Extensions: Make it easier for potential customers to reach you by including a clickable phone number in ads that appear on mobile phones with full Internet browsers.
- Display Campaign Optimizer: Save time and increase conversions on the Google Display Network with this new automatic bidding and targeting tool.
- Enhanced CPC: A bidding option that automatically adjusts the Max CPC bids that you’ve set based on the likelihood that your ad will convert, leading to more conversions and higher profit.
- Broad Match Modifier: A keyword match type giving you more potential traffic than phrase match with comparable ROI.
- AdWords Automated Rules: Save time by scheduling automatic changes to your AdWords account based on criteria that you specify.
- Remarketing: Show your ads to users who’ve previously visited your website as they browse sites across the Google Display Network.
Posted by Dan Friedman, Inside AdWords crew